Almost finished! I have one minor detail to finish up but it is pretty much complete!
So I went to the upholstery wholesalers and picked up some lovely stuff needed. Namely springs. And then away I went.
I am not an expert so I wouldn’t do a tutorial on this, the experts usually post their techniques on youtube or similar so we can all be in awe of their mad skills!
First I installed the springs and tied them down.
So once that part is complete the experts usually add a layer of muslin to keep everything in place. I skipped this step on purpose. There is limited staple space on this chair and I needed to use it wisely. So my next step was a layer of coconut. Yes coconut. Old school is horse hair but coconut is, in my opinion a bit better. It is thicker. And then I softened the edges with batting.
The next step after all the stapling is to trim off the excess. Then I hot glue trim to hide the staples.
And that is all there is to it! I am by no means a star with the upholstery but this is a medium difficulty project and there are loads of videos out there on the web to talk you through it. The last step is covering the seat webbing with a piece of fabric to hide all the insides.