I am winding down for our big European tour starting tomorrow but I thought I would show a piece I just finished today.
This is the before:
Ugly, no personality, cheap pine furniture. Blah! I like pine but this was ugly!
I removed the varnish from the top and stained with a dark walnut then waxed.
The base I painted with Graphite and the interior I painted with Sienna Yellow–I think that is Arles for the rest of the world.
Actually what I tried to do first was fill in the ugly diamonds. On the body- it was no problem but on the door….nothing but problems- I couldn’t get it to look good. The paint on the filler dried differently than the wood- still leaving the diamond showing through.
And then I dropped the door. What happened was the panel inside slid….and a lightbulb went off in my head! Of course!!! Remove the panel- so easy!
I had some floral arrangement wire….I can’t find chicken wire here- so I have a substitute. The only problem is that it is copper- so I just painted it slightly to remove some of the shine. Then I stapled the wire to the inside of the door and covered the staples with trim.
How is that for a before and after…..and it all started with my slippery fingers!